How do I transfer my registration to another person?
Last Updated: Aug 17, 2018 07:25AM PDT
How do I transfer my registration/ticket to another person?
Please note that your ability to transfer your registration or ticket is up to the event. The event may or may not allow for this, so be sure to check with the event's policies, before attempting to transfer your entry.
For those events that do allow for this type of change, you will be able to exercise this change through your My Events profile. It’s important to note that only those that actually bought a ticket or registration will be able to make this change. If someone registered you or bought your ticket for you, please contact the Buyer to make any changes.
If you are the original buyer, please follow the steps below to transfer your entry to someone else:
1. Log in to events.com
2. Click on "YOU" in the top navigation, and select the menu item, MY EVENTS
3. Click MANAGE EVENT on the event you want to transfer
4. Find the person’s name that you want to transfer the ticket from.
5. Select MANGE REGISTRATION ( or MANAGE TICKET)then Transfer Registration (or Transfer Ticket).
6. Enter the person’s Email Address you would like to transfer the registration/ticket to and click SEND TRANSFER. If there is a transfer fee there will be a notice under the email field - "The transfer recipient will be charged an additional fee for the transfer."
7. You will see that under the person’s registration/ticket number, it will now read, PENDING TRANSFER in the order. This will confirm that your transfer request was sent out.
An email has been sent to the person you are transferring the registration/ticket to, and you will also receive a copy of the email. Once the person has accepted the transfer you will see a CANCELLED date and the text "TRANSFERRED".
*Please note: Any sale of a spot must take place offline. Neither events.com, nor the race organizing committee, will get involved in the financial transaction.